What We Do
Women in Games International (WIGI), made up of both female and male professionals, works to promote the inclusion and advancement of women in the global games industry.
WIGI promotes diversity in video game development, publishing, media, education and workplaces, based on a fundamental belief that increased equality and camaraderie among genders can make global impacts for superior products, more consumer enjoyment and a stronger gaming industry.
Women In Games International stands as strong advocates for issues crucial to the success of women and men in the games industry, including a better work/life balance, healthy working conditions, increased opportunities for success and resources for career support.
- Membership—The best way to get involved with WIGI is to <become a member> [link]. WIGI members have access to exclusive features like our job board and resume upload; GameMentorOnline, the only online mentoring program in the game industry; event and product discounts; the exclusive members-only section of the website; much more! Join today!
- Chapters—WIGI chapters are a great way to get involved locally and get to know members in your own area. Attend local chapter events, network with game industry folks near you and learn about the jobs, companies and resources in your community. Make new friends!
- Events—Attend a WIGI event, either at a major video game conference, a tech industry event, or a panel discussion. Network with peers, learn about new industry trends and business models and relax with friends. WIGI events are some of the most inclusive and diverse in the video game industry. Come join us!
- GameMentorOnline—Participate in the only online mentoring program in the video game industry, either as a mentor or a protégé. GameMentorOnline offers a curriculum to help mentoring duos build successful relationships where valuable knowledge is shared and important skills are built. Develop and share yourself!
- Member Spotlight—Sign up for the WIGI Member Spotlight program and tell your story to the world! We’re interested in your career and your path to your current position. What made you interested in games, art and tech? Did you take a traditional or a more unusual path into the industry? Let others know about you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resume Upload—Upload your resume to the WIGI website to promote and introduce yourself to hiring managers and recruiters looking to find out about you. Game industry companies come to WIGI to find top professionals and diverse recruits to fill jobs throughout their businesses. Join a team!
- Shop—Show your support for WIGI with a t-shirt, coffee mug or other item that proudly proclaims your advocacy for women in games. The WIGI shop has lots of items you can give as perfect gifts for friends and coworkers. Loud and proud!
- Volunteer—Be of service to your community and the game industry by volunteering with WIGI. We need chapter leads, event volunteers, program leads, and volunteers with special skills like business development, PR, web design, content creation, social media and others. Contact volunteer(a)getwigi.com to become a part of the group!